How do I connect Practice Fusion with IRIS in order to meet Medicaid's Meaningful Use requirements?
1. In order to begin the Meaningful Use testing and submission process, you must begin by registering your intent to initiate active engagment with IRIS.
To begin the on-boarding process, complete the Register of Intent form.
Submit the completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRIS will follow up with you to provide your credentials.
If you need any further assistance with registering or receiving your credentials, please reach out to IRIS directly at Joseph.Zehner@idph.iowa.gov.
Note: if you are a Medicare provider participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), IRIS does not currently have additional guidance for this program. At this time, MIPS eligible clinicians in Iowa will not have the option to report on the 2017 ACI Transition Measure: Immunization Registry Reporting as a performance score measure in the Advancing Care Information Performance Category unless they have already completed IRIS registration in a past year. Please note, however, that this measure is not a required measure within the ACI Performance Category. For more information, please reach out to IRIS directly at Joseph.Zehner@idph.iowa.gov.
2. Upon receipt of the credentials, complete the registration for electronic submission of immunization in Practice Fusion.
Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: Provider name, Primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
Select the facility name you are registering.
Select Iowa- Iowa Registry Information System (IRIS) from the Receiving Registry drop-down list.
Enter your credentials. Select the “i” icon for additional information about each credential. If you do not know your credentials, please contact IRIS directly.
Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
3. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization Settings page
Once you have registered for integration within Practice Fusion, return to the Immunization registry settings page and activate your integration.
Immediately, contact our Customer Service team to transition your practice to the IRIS testing facility.
4. Submit immunization records directly to the IRIS testing environment
After our Customer Service team has transitioned you to the IRIS testing environment, begin electronically transmitting immunization files using the steps below for the period of time designated by IRIS.
Go to the Immunizations section of the chart and click Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and select Transmit to state registry.
5. Submit immunization records directly to the IRIS production environment
Once IRIS has notified you that you are ready to send immunization messages to their production environment, please contact Customer Service to request to be transitioned to Production.
- You can then continue to submit immunization data to IRIS using the steps outlined in Step 4. Be sure to transmit the immunization file to the state registry for each patient whose immunization record you update.
For more information from IRIS, send an email to email@example.com.