New: Medication adherence
Medication adherence materials are now available right from your e-prescribing workflow. Provide these education materials about newly prescribed medications to your patients so they adhere to your care plan and get back to health faster.
- Eligible medications will automatically display a notification badge in your prescription ordering window when adherence materials are available.
- Click the badge to open up additional information to review with you patient, and easily print the materials for them to take home.
- Keeping your patients informed and engaged with their care plan has never been easier with Practice Fusion’s integrated adherence notifications.
EHR Update: Patient portal (PHR) auto-enrollment
Keep your patients engaged with their health and meet Meaningful use requirements with our free patient portal, Patient Fusion.
Starting with your patient visits on July 18, if auto-invite is enabled, your patients will receive an invitation to access their PHR:
- After you sign their chart note; or
- 30 days after their recorded visit if their note remains unsigned.
To learn more about auto-invite and the patient portal, click here »
- Signed lab results will now display date and time of provider signature, as well as signing provider’s name for easy reference.
- Results signed by multiple providers will display each signature and time separately in both the result and timeline views of the patient’s chart.
Speed up template management and practice customization with the following improvements:
- Charting templates now open in individual tabs in the Settings menu to allow for easier switching and access to your practice and community libraries.
- Multiple templates can now be deleted simultaneously from the settings menu but checking unwanted templates and selecting delete.
- Unwanted templates can now be deleted during the charting encounter, saving time for future patient visits.
New food and environmental allergies available. You can now record all of the following allergies for your patients:
- Environmental: shampoo, cat, dog, tree pollens, grass pollens, weeds
- Food: onion, coffee, corn, soybean, egg whites
- Bug fix: Inactive providers no longer display as blank on the patient’s timeline.
- Bug fix: HTML formatting no longer displays on fax referrals when using Dragon to chart encounter notes.
- Bug fix: Vaccine expiration dates no longer displaying incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Lab result date/status time no longer displaying incorrectly on printed results.
- Bug fix: Specimen labels are now able to be printed from any lab order, regardless of the corresponding lab partner.
- Vaccine search has been improved and optimized for the iPad.
For a full list of known issues and upcoming bug fixes, please visit our Service Updates page to vote on issues impacting your practice. Your feedback helps us prioritize EHR improvements.
Practice Fusion’s EHR updates are driven by our community submissions and feedback from our practices.
Have an idea or new feature that would improve your experience? Let us know!