Streamline document management and patient charting by attaching clinical files directly to the patient's chart. Save time by uploading new documents or including existing files during your patient encounter.
1. In a patient chart, create a new encounter or open an existing unsigned encounter.
2. Within the encounter, click on Go to… and select Documents attached to navigate directly to this section.
3. Next to the Attachments header, click Attach.
4. A list of all documents associated with that patient will open. Click Upload to upload a new document. You can upload a new document by clicking Upload. Once Uploaded click Attach. To attach an already uploaded document, select each checkbox and click Attach.
5. Once attached, the document will be listed under the Documents attached section.
6. If needed, you can remove the attached document from the encounter by clicking the X listed to the right of the Action column. A notification will prompt you to either delete the document permanently, or just Remove from the encounter.
How can I add comments to the documents?
You can add a comment to any unsigned document. While in the encounter, click on the attached document’s name and a tab will open up with the document’s information. From here, you can make any edits and add any comments necessary. Click Save once completed.
How do I upload documents to the main Documents section?
Please see How do I upload documents?