Practice Fusion’s EHR updates are released over a two week period — see what’s coming next for your practice.
- Based on your feedback, the patient header has been slimmed down to provide improved visibility on the patient summary and encounter notes. Have an idea to improve the EHR? Let us know!
- Additional chart signature and Chief Complaint information is now visible on the encounter note and QuickView timeline.
- An addendum indicator at the top of the chart note now displays the number of addenda attached to an encounter.
- Providers can now quickly jump to their growth charts by selecting Show growth charts next to the Flowsheets header.
- Chart notes now indicate the patient's age at the time of the encounter.
- Printing encounter notes is now fully customizable. Simply click ‘Print,’ and select the the portions of the encounter that you’d like to print in the preferences dialog box.
- Easily include patient coupons and adherence materials by selecting them from the printing window.
- You will no longer lose your work as encounters now autosave while editing a note.
- Electronic referrals will now be sent automatically to the Referrals tab in the Messaging section of your EHR.
- Easily meet Meaningful Use measures by marking your referral follow-ups as complete using the completion checkbox.
- Send referrals to any provider in the US, including attached lab orders, documents, and more. Your full peer network can access electronic referrals, regardless of their EHR system, using our HIPAA compliant eReferral retrieval portal.
Service and Support updates:
In order to better diagnose and quickly asses your service needs, our technology team as released a Diagnostics option in the EHR Help menu.
- Diagnostics allow us to quickly asses if you are experiencing browser issues, internet slowness, or other system-specific issues.
- With this information readily available to our practices, we can ensure shorter hold times, quicker answers, and a better experience for our customers.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to provide Phenomenal Support, read a letter from our new VP of Customer Service and Support.
- Maximum size for document uploads and referral attachments has been increased to 25 MB per document.
- Documents are now listed in the Tasks section of your EHR (you will be automatically redirected when accessing from your EHR Home).
- Starting duplicate encounter notes for the same day will now trigger a notification to avoid duplication.
- Refills requests now require a new prescription after one year.
- Improvements made to the Meaningful Use dashboard to facilitate faster calculations.
- Improved alternate prescription matching for unavailable medications.
- Unspecified medication units now require confirmation in order to prevent pharmacy errors.
- Bug fix: Superbills no longer appear blank when opening from the billing report.
- Bug fix: Patients can now view all messages sent to them via their PHR.
- Bug fix: Non-prescribers can now print historical prescriptions.
For a full list of known issues and upcoming bug fixes, please visit our Service Updates page to vote on issues impacting your practice. Your feedback helps us prioritize EHR improvements.
Practice Fusion’s EHR updates are driven by our community submissions and feedback from our practices.
Have an idea or new feature that would improve your experience? Let us know!