Practice Fusion’s EHR updates are released over a two week period — see what’s coming next for your practice.
Your Meaningful Use dashboard has been updated
CMS recently adjusted the Meaningful Use program in an attempt to simplify the reporting requirements. As a member of the Practice Fusion community, you’re one of the first providers in the country to use an EHR that helps you meet these policy changes.
Your schedule has received several customer-requested improvements to help streamline your patient check-in process.
- Copay collection can now be recorded from the appointments menu to keep better track of patient payment. Click here to learn more »
- You can now mark appointments as “Confirmed” to easily identify which remaining patients still need to be followed up with. Click here to learn more »
- You will now receive notifications for appointment conflicts if a single provider is scheduled during the same time at a different facility.
Patient portal updates:
We’ve enhanced your tools to better connect patients to their patient portal. Easily view a patient’s status, username, access history, and more directly from their chart notes.
- Your e-Prescription Report has been renamed to Prescription Report, and includes additional information about refill requests, prescription status, and more. To learn more about how to run and read this report, click here »
- Improved view and reduced clicks when previewing and printing paper prescriptions.
- Duplicate medications are now flagged in the patient's chart and medication reconciliation reports.
We’ve made several improvements to how you connect to your state registries, and added additional functionality at the facility and user level. To learn more about connecting to your state immunization registries, click here »
- PDF and digital lab results, along with any other file types can now be sent electronically to any physician in the US. Are you receiving results electronically? Connect with one of our 600+ lab and imaging partners to get started »
- Received a Practice Fusion referral via fax? Easily import a digital copy via the Retrieve referral button available in the Referrals tab under Messages.
- Performance improvements made to document management and referral attachments.
Service and Support updates:
To better diagnose your service needs, we’ve upgraded the “Contact Us” functionality from the in-product help menu.
- The help menu now automatically links to relevant Knowledge Base articles relating to the EHR section you click from.
- Submitting cases will now automatically pre-fill information to help reduce clicks and keystrokes, and get you answers sooner.
- Relevant diagnostic information such as internet speed, browser version, and more is now automatically included in support cases, helping ensure your issues are resolved as soon as possible.
As always, we encourage your feedback and suggested improvements in our Product Ideas Forum to help us deliver the best EHR experience possible.
For a full list of known issues and upcoming bug fixes, please visit our Service Updates page to vote on issues impacting your practice. Your feedback helps us prioritize EHR improvements.
Practice Fusion’s EHR updates are driven by our community submissions and feedback from our practices.
Have an idea or new feature that would improve your experience? Let us know!