The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) is able to accept HL7 2.5.1 files.
How do I connect Practice Fusion with my registry in order to meet Medicaid's Meaningful Use requirements?
1. In order to begin the Meaningful Use testing and submission process, you must begin by registering your intent to initiate ongoing submission with MIIC.
- Email your completed data use agreement and spreadsheet to the MIIC Help Desk. The in-state data use agreement for participating in MIIC can be found here, while the out-of-state data use agreement for participating in MIIC can be found here. These forms outline terms for an organization’s participation in the immunization registry, including provisions to address data security and protect data privacy, and must be renewed every three years. For additional information, click here.
- You will receive an invitation from MN.IT Services to begin onboarding when MIIC is ready for your practice to begin the process of submitting immunization data.
- MN.IT Services staff will work with your practice to prepare a project plan and establish deadlines for the onboarding process.
- Once the project plan is agreed upon and written confirmation is sent to MN.IT, you’ll move to the next step. If your practice is unable to commit to the timeline outlined with MN.IT services, you will be moved back in to the queue until you are once again ready for onboarding.
- You will be provided with login (registration) credentials to begin the transmission of HL7 immunization files.
If you need any further assistance with registering or receiving your credentials, please reach out to MIIC directly firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-5207.
Note: if you are a Medicare clinician participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), additional guidance for new registrations has not yet been provided. If you have already completed MIIC registration previously, your active engagement will continue. If you are a new registrant, please contact MIIC directly for information.
2. Upon receipt of the credentials, complete the registration for electronic submission of immunization in Practice Fusion.
- Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: Provider name, Primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
- Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
- Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
- Select Minnesota - Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) from the Receiving Registry drop-down list.
- Enter the login (registration) credentials provide by MIIC. Select the “i” icon for additional information about each credential. If you do not know your credentials, please contact MIIC directly.
- Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
3. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization Settings page
- Once you have registered for integration within Practice Fusion, return to the Immunization registry settings page and activate your integration.
- Immediately, contact our Customer Service team to transition your practice to the MIIC testing facility.
4. Submit immunization records directly to the MIIC testing environment.
- After our Customer Service team has transitioned you to the MIIC testing environment, begin electronically transmitting immunization files using the steps below for the period of time designated by MIIC.
- Go to the Immunizations section of a real patient chart containing immunization data and click Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and select Transmit to state registry. Please send real patient data unless otherwise discussed with MN.IT services staff.
- MIIC staff will notify your practice if there are any errors during the testing process that require further review.
5. Submit immunization records directly to the MIIC production environment.
- Once MIIC has notified you that you are ready to send immunization messages to their production environment, please contact our Customer Service team to request to be transitioned to the MIIC production environment. MN.IT Services staff will verify your connection to MIIC production environment.
- MIIC may provide additional registration credentials. If these credentials differ from the ones originally used to register for electronic transmission in Practice Fusion, please contact Customer Service to have your credentials updated.
- You can then continue to submit real patient immunization data to MIIC using the steps outlined in Step 4. Be sure to transmit the immunization file to the state registry for each patient whose immunization record you update.
- MIIC staff will notify your organization that they have achieved ongoing submission (active engagement) by sending an official ongoing submission letter. Once ongoing submission is achieved, the onboarding process is complete.
For more information from MIIC, send an email to email@example.com or call 651-201-5207.