Practice Fusion’s complete scheduler helps you easily manage patient appointments from check-in to completion. You can quickly customize your schedule, book new and update existing appointments, check insurance eligibility and respond to appointment requests from within your EHR.
Scheduling an appointment
To create a new appointment, open the Schedule section. Click on either the Day or Week tab and follow the steps below:
1. Click on the desired time slot (or select the Add Appointment button) and a new appointment window will open.
2. Search and select the patient name. If the patient is not yet an existing patient in your account, click Add Patient to enter their demographics and create their patient record.
3. If necessary, select the name of the provider for whom the appointment is being scheduled from the dropdown Provider list.
Note: If you wish to specify which providers appear in the dropdown, an account administrator can update this list by going to the Settings tab in the Schedule and navigating to the provider Color Coding section. In the Available for Scheduling column, each provider has a toggle button that can be switched “On” or “Off”. If a provider’s toggle is set to “Off” that provider will be removed from the Provider dropdown list.
4. Enter the Appointment Type and appointment Duration. When entering the Duration, you can select from the drop-down menu or manually enter a custom duration by typing directly into the field.To learn how to set a default appointment type and duration, click here.
If you are creating a new appointment using the ‘Add Appointment’ button, make sure you have adjusted the appointment date and time if necessary, as both will default to your current date and time. To adjust the date and time, you can use the calendar and clock icons or manually enter a date and time directly into the field.
5. After entering the appointment details, click Save.
Viewing appointments in the patient’s chart
Once the appointment is saved, you can also view or edit it in the patient’s chart via the Appointments section of the Summary tab or the patient’s Timeline tab by adjusting the drop-down filter.
Customizing your schedule settings
If you wish to adjust your schedule settings (e.g. create custom appointment types, color code by provider or appointment, adjust facility hours, etc.), review our article on customizing your schedule settings: How do I update my appointment schedule?
What if I want to schedule recurring appointments for my patients?
You can easily schedule recurring appointments for your patients. Our step by step guide can be found here: How do I schedule recurring appointments?
Can I cancel or reschedule patient appointment requests that come in from my online booking page?
Yes, absolutely. For details on how to respond to patient appointment requests, please review our article here: How do I process Online Appointment Booking reschedule and cancellation requests?
For additional information, please see:
Please review our video tutorial below: